The Talos Container Platform
Talos is an engine for building simple, secure, and automated container platforms. It offers features such as:
- A minimal, immutable, and ephemeral base OS.
- Atomated operating system upgrades upgrades.
- Auto-deployed "vanilla" Kubernetes clusters.
- Powerful APIs for automating OS management tasks.
- Flexibility and consistency across multiple types of environments.
- Built using modern technologies.
On the roadmap, we are building:
- Automated Kubernetes upgrades.
- Automated CIS Kubernetes benchmark enforcement.
- Extensibility via OS plugins.
These features offer businesses a defensible, security centric framework for quickly scaling and maintaining resilient systems.
Talos is built on top of a new type of Linux distribution reimagined for distributed systems and container orchestrators such as Kubernetes. The OS is built from the ground up to be API-driven, immutable, secure, and modern.
On top of the OS, we automatically deploy Kubernetes in a "vanilla" configuration to be secure out of the box. The platform also includes a collection of controllers that automate common management tasks that are time consuming and cumbersome.